Apart from having various therapeutic properties like anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiallergic and antiviral, Oregano essential oil is also used for adding flavors to many dishes including Pasta sauces. Oregano oil is extracted from oregano leaves and flowers by using the steam distillation process. As the herb itself contains a number of medicinal and health benefiting properties, hence the oil is enriched with goodness of the herb and can be used for treating different kinds of health issues. So here is the list of various uses of oregano oil and how it can help you live a healthier life natural way .
1. Treat respiratory problems – If you are suffering from any kind of respiration problem or infection in respiratory tract, this oil can be highly beneficial. Inhaling the oregano oil with steam is one of the best way you can use it get relief in respiratory problems.
2. Ideal for treatment of bacterial infections – Oregano oil is best known for its antibacterial properties, that is why it can be used for treating them completely. For bacterial infections like skin or nail fungus, add few tea spoons of oregano oil in a water tub and soak the affected area for few minutes to treat the infection.
3. Helpful against viral diseases – Its antiviral properties can help you to overcome health problems which are caused due to viruses such as cold, cough etc. With the help of this oil, you can easily make strong immunity of the body thereby giving you the strength to fight with all the common health problems and stay healthy.
4. Useful for allergies – The oregano oil works great for treating the various kinds of allergies. No matter what kind of allergies you are suffering from, using the oil can help you to get rid of the same because it has strong anti-allergic properties which really make a difference. It contains Rosmarinic acid, an antioxidant that can prevent free radical damage and helps in curing asthma and preventing cancer. Oregano oil also works as a natural antihistamine that helps reduce fluid buildup and swelling caused by allergy attacks.
5. Improves digestion – One of the biggest uses of oregano oil is ensuring smooth digestion by enhancing the body’s capability to absorb nutrients from the food and allow the others to pass through the body. This helps maintain the right balance of the body which is very necessary for overall functioning.
6. Used for therapies – The aromatherapists use this oil in several therapies so as to relax your body and keep it stress-free. Usually, oregano oil is not used separately but combined with tea tree oil, lavender, rosemary etc. for complete and better relief.
7. Eliminates Intestinal Parasites Naturally – This oil is helpful in eliminating intestinal parasites, all you need to do is add 2-3 drops of this oil in your tea and consume 2-3 times in a day. Alternatively you can add 2-3 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water with lemon juice and drink 3 times in a day. You will surely feel the difference. The same can be done for the children too as one can combine it with honey for better results.
8. Used against sore feet – If you feel pain in your feet and having difficulty in moving around, massage the oregano oil on the sore feet and you will feel a lot of relief. You can also combine few drops of Oregano oil with Jojoba oil for improved results.
9. Used for animal care – The oregano oil is not only useful for the human beings but for the animals as well. If your pets are suffering from skin problems, just pour few drops of oil in water and give them a bath. It is also effective in controlling fleas in animals..
10. Insect repellent – If ants and cockroaches are troubling you, oregano oil can be useful to you get rid of them. Just take few drops of oil and lemon juice and sprinkle it in the entire place. Ants, cockroaches, and other insects will run away. Even head lice can be controlled by using the oregano oil.
No matter for what purpose you are using the oregano oil make sure it is pure, and always consult with a medical professional before you decide to use it for any health condition.