Essential oils for cellulite – But what is cellulite and why do you need essential oils to treat cellulite?
Puckered skin, dimpled buttocks, sagging thighs, and uneven skin are a few things every woman experiences at least once in their lifetime. But, do you know why does it happen? It is because you are growing up and it is a part of aging or is it because you are not treating your body right?
Wait, did we say aging? How can that be true? Haven’t Julia Roberts (age 49) and Sarah Jessica Parker (age 51), or stars of their likes never been hit by this issue because they always manage to look flawless all over? Then what is it that they know and are able to fight but you are ignoring? That, my dear friends, is the answer to your concerns – cellulite.
We all have been hearing about how cellulite affects skin ever since we struck puberty but no one really pays much heed to it until the damage has been done. Moreover, a common myth that prevails makes people believe that cellulite is a problem for the hefty kinds. Well, neither is it true nor has it been scientifically proven. But, the fact of the matter is, cellulite is predominantly visible in amongst out-of-shape people easily than the rest. In fact, as absurd it might come across as and to your disbelief, even the sexiest Victoria’s Secret models have undergone cellulite treatments.
So, let us first understand what exactly is cellulite and how essential oils can help treat cellulite?
Cellulite, in simple words, is the fat deposition underneath your skin. This deposition of fat leads to a lumpy and dimpled skin, with the thighs and the buttocks being the areas that often reflect the effect of such deposits. Cellulite can affect both the sexes, however, the ones more at stake are the women thanks to the differences in the way connective tissues, fat, and muscles are distributed amongst the skins of men and women.
What causes cellulite deposits in the body?
Cellulite can be triggered by a variety of factors. Toxins, hormonal changes, lack of oxygenation, fluid/water retention in the body, menstrual factors, poor lymphatic drainage, allergies, endocrine imbalance and unhealthy lifestyle and diet play a vital role in cellulite production.
While the problem could be inherited and your genes might lead to the predisposition of cellulite development in the body, however, the right amount of exercise, food, and a healthy lifestyle can help you combat it without any expensive medical treatments.
There are far too many myths attached to the problem of cellulite and before you run from pharmacies to pharmacies, cosmetologists to dermatologists, we advise you to read the truths and lies about cottage cheese thighs.
Even before you considering treating it, let us find out how to identify if you are actually suffering from a problem of cellulite.
The signs and symptoms of cellulite:
Women can be affected by cellulite in any part of their body, however, thighs, buttocks, breasts, and stomach are the most vulnerable parts.
The signs of cellulite presence in your body may include pain and tenderness in the affected areas, skin sore or rash on the skin that appears and expands quickly, inflammation or redness of your skin, glossy or tightly stretched epidermis, a feeling of warmth in and around the affected area. It cellulite deposit is too strong, it may even lead to fever or pus formation around the affected areas. This may also lead to dizziness, chills, fatigue, muscle aches, lightheadedness, and sweating.
And this is not where cellulite deposit stops, it may be spreading all across your body and this is not a good sign. Read streaks, lethargy taking over you, drowsiness, and blistering are some of the signs that reflect the spread of fat deposition in the body. The presence of cellulite in the body can also lead to eczema.
You might mistake normal signs and symptoms as an effect of cellulitis. Hence, it is important to get it checked via some basic tests that your qualified medical practitioner can perform for you.
Recommended modern treatments for cellulite:
Below listed are some of the best modern treatments for cellulite.
- Laser Therapy: Isn’t laser therapy a solution to a multitude of skin related problems these days? The treatment sure if effective and results in significant reduction of cellulite over time. However, it will cost you a bomb. And, it surely will not treat the underlying causes that might trigger cellulite back into action.
- Liposuction / Lipo Massage: This is another recommended therapy by many dermatologists and cosmetologists. The treatment helps in breaking down the fat tissue by sucking the life out of your skin cells, thus, resulting in cellulite free, slacking skin. And the effect is irreversible.
- Mesotherapy: A therapy still question for its potential side effects and risks by many doctors, mesotherapy is a treatment wherein drugs are injected directly into the tissue.The effect of this treatment lasts for a couple of months to a year.
- Collagenase shots: These shots break down the tissue under your skin. They deliver good results but the long term effects of these shots are unknown.
- Massage: Regular massaging of the body helps in improving blood circulation and thus, prevents the deposition of fat underneath the skin. It is a time taking process, that heals the skin from within, helps in flushing the toxins out of the body, promotes oxygenation via increased blood flow and fixes the root cause of your problem.
Why do you need essential oils for cellulite treatment?
Science suggests that practicing massage on people suffering from the problem of cellulite deposition in the body can show drastic improvement in even toning the skin and helping the fat to disperse. Massaging helps in increasing the blood flow and reduces the excess fluid or fat buildup.
Technically, it is suggested that lipo massage or endermology is the best therapy for treating cellulite after laser treatment. The therapy requires the use of vibrating rollers that are used to massage all over the cellulite affected areas. They suck the skin, break down the buildup, and help in reducing the impact of cellulite all over the body. Though this is an effective treatment and you should be able to see results a little too quickly, but, some experts believe that this technique may slacken the skin prematurely making the situation a lot worse and unresolvable. To add to the irreversible impact of the skin is the undying root cause that can bring back fat deposition in your body if necessary measures are not taken at the right time.
Hence, it is the best to go ahead with natural treatments that not only break down every single bit of cellulite in your body but also help in firming, toning, and brightening up your skin. Plus, they keep fat depositions at bay, if used consistently. Furthermore, they help in healing the skin cells, replenish them, promote cell regeneration, help in balancing the internal functions of the body. This natural treatment is using essential oils for cellulite and you would be glad to learn that it is absolutely possible to treat and remove cellulite from your body if you use the essential oils the right way.
Best Essential Oils For Cellulite Treatment
1. Fennel essential oil for cellulite
The essential oil of fennel is an amazing cleanser. It has been revered for thousands of years for its potent diuretic properties that help in speeding up the process of elimination of the waste that gets stored up in the body and reduces water retention in tissues. The oil supports the breakdown of fat below the epidermis, and hence, helps in reducing cellulite deposits.
2. Geranium essential oil for cellulite
Geranium is, perhaps, one of the most skin supporting and rejuvenating natural oil. It helps in reducing fine lines naturally, improves the circulation and stimulation of the lymphatic system, diminishes water retention in the body, and helps in the removal of toxins. Come to think of it, no such medicine in this world has been developed that can even prove to be half as fruitful as the geranium essential oil.
The oil, not only, removes the underlying causes from your system but also helps in the breakdown of fat deposits on the affected areas.
3. Lemongrass essential oil for cellulite
If you have ever smelt lemongrass you know how refreshing and invigorating it can be. Not only does it uplift your mood or cleanse the air, but it also has many secret benefits too. It has stimulating as well as sedative properties — that trigger your good hormones, calm your busy and bloated nerves down, and refreshes you internally. It is a strong astringent, a potent insect repellant, and an antidepressant.
All these properties make this fragrant oil a popular pick for cellulite treatment. Apart from its body healing and replenishing properties, lemongrass is also known for its diuretic properties. The biochemicals present in the oil penetrate deep, down into the skin and prevent fluid retention and fat deposition.
4. Grapefruit essential oil for cellulite
Essential oils can help you relieve stress naturally like no other medication or therapy in the world. Be it fighting the annoying headaches, or controlling and reducing the impact of migraines, essential oils can be an answer to all your woes.
And this brings us to yet another wondrous oil of grapefruit. Undoubtedly, it has a refreshing aroma that eases the stress away and uplifts the ambiance. Such responses in the brain trigger happy hormones that lead to flushing out of toxins.
Moreover, grapefruit oil is an excellent appetite controller. It can curb your cravings and stop you from binge eating. This mean, lesser intake of unrequired food, a healthy digestive system, and fewer toxins being produced. Inhale this oil — just a few drops — every time you feel like you are craving the junk!
5. Cedarwood essential oil for cellulite
For those who are new to the world of essential oils and do not know, cedarwood oil is an amazing oil for hair growth. So much so, that if applied timely, it can help in reducing or maybe even eliminating a bald spot. That’s how effective it is in removing toxins from your body.
The oil balances your skin and clears out all forms of impurities. To add on to this, are its diuretic properties. Like other essential oil, cedarwood oil treats cellulite, prevents the retention of fluid in the body, and reduces the accumulation of toxins in the blood stream. Moreover, the biochemicals in the oil help in decongesting the sluggish tissues by drawing out excess fat from the tissues.
6. Rosemary essential oil for cellulite
Another great toxin fighter essential oil is the rosemary oil. It combats the retention of excess fluid in the body and breaks down the buildup of toxins and fat in the tissues. The oil is an amazing hair tonic as well as a mind stimulant.
7. Juniper essential oil for cellulite
Juniper essential oil has been long been praised for its cleansing and detoxifying properties. It helps in reducing acne naturally, breaks down cellulite, and checks the retention of urea and other fluids in the body. The oil is an amazing anti-inflammatory agent and is extremely effective in joint pains and arthritis.
Now that you have learned about the best essential oils for cellulite, it is important for you to know how to use them in order to reap the best results.
How to use essential oils for cellulite treatment?
Listed below are the three tried and tested ways of using essential oils for cellulite treatment:
- Using them as bath oils: Bathing in essential oils is probably one of the most relaxing experiences you can have in your regular stressed lives. And not just in terms of experiences, bathing in essential oils has a big impact on your skin and the fat buildup underneath it. All you have to do is fill your tub with lukewarm water. Now add the blend of your favorite cellulite massage oils (about 5 to 6 drops) to a teaspoon of milk and mix it in the water. Mix well and soak yourself in the tub for 30 minutes. You can add Epsom salts to the bath water as well for a refreshing experience. Massage your skin gently for the oils to penetrate.
- Post shower dry brushing: Your skin is free, clean, and gentle after you have taken a shower. The pores are open and this is the right time for you to dry brush these wondrous cellulite massage oils on the epidermis. Take a body brush with soft bristles, you could try a natural body brush too, and sprinkle about 3 to 4 drops of your essential oil to the brush. Now, in circular motion, brush the cellulite affected areas on the skin. Repeat this process once daily. This technique also helps in locking in moisture and promotes an overall healthy skin.
- Aromatherapy: De-stress and forget about all your woes if this is the technique you are choosing. Massage your way through the entire body, or better off, take the help of expert masseuse. All you need to do is blend 4 tablespoons of grapeseed or almond oil your choice of cellulite massage oil. Ask your massage therapist to focus on areas that have cellulite build up. Try seeking regular lymphatic massages for better relief. This technique can be tried daily or weekly, based on how much the build up is and how much time you are willing to give in.
- Massage: You can massage your own self daily with a blend of your choice of essential oils mixed in a carrier oil such as coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, or olive oil. Practice this natural remedy to fight cellulite daily for best results.
Note: Essential oils can be dangerous. It is advised that you do a patch test on your skin first and then proceed with any of the techniques. The oils should never be used on pregnant women, nursing mothers, and children below the age of 10 years. Also, it is important to dilute the essential oils in a carrier oil, if you are applying them directly on the skin.
You can purchase the cellulite massage essential oils from your local departmental stores or order them online via amazon.com.
This article was a rather long read but we hope you did find a solution to your problem of cellulite.
Have you been using any of the above listed essential oils earlier? Do share with us in the comments section below your views on the article and your experience with essential oils. We look forward to it! 🙂