Preface – Let us unveil the truth first
Sleep insufficiency can cause hazardous outcomes. Moreover, not sleeping properly can cause other health related issues such as hypertension, obesity, diabetes, depression, cancer, aging and what not. Your body needs minimum 7 hours of undisturbed sleep to revive itself from a long day.
The statistics: As per the research, about 50 to 70 million US adults in the United States Of America face the problem of sleep or wakefulness disorder. In fact, the study also points out that the surveillance has also increased in the last few years primarily because sleep insufficiency has been linked with industrial disasters, medical and occupational errors, motor vehicle crashes and more such unwanted issues.
Astonished, much? Well, so were we when we decided to talk about the problem. The sheer numbers proved a thought, we have the solution, but thousands and millions of people out there don’t. And that’s exactly why we are writing this article today.
Here is the solution – Essential Oil Of Cedarwood for Sleep
Cedarwood essential oil is a wondrous blend that can restore your natural sleep balance and calm your mind when needed.
Cedarwood oil has a woodsy aroma that is uplifting and comforting. The aroma oil of cedarwood has many benefits that range from helping your control hair fall, to reduce cellulite content in the body, to treat eczema, and so much more.
In addition to the sleep inducing benefits that it offers, it helps you nourish and pamper your skin while you relax from a hard day at work. Moreover, it creates a calming yet powerful environment when diffused in the air and soothes the body as soon as you enter within its periphery.
Note: If you have pets in your house, be careful about using these oils. There nose if 20 times more sensitive than yours. This sensitivity can cause them irritation if the smell is too strong and lasts for a longer while.
You can read more about the essential oils for your pets to get rid of the fleas.
How to use Cedarwood oil for sleep
There are numerous ways to use essential oils for your benefit. However, we have highlighted the 5 best ways to use cedarwood oil for sleep:
1. Topical Use: The easiest and the quickest way to use cedarwood oil for sleep is apply it topically. Just take about 2 to 4 drops on your fingers and massage it on your head, neck, back, temples and wrists. You could pour a few more drops if needed. Dilute your essential oil in a carrier oil if you are applying it over the sensitive areas. Do this every time before you hit the bed.
2. Diffuse it in the air: Another effortless way of using cedarwood oil for sleep is to diffuse it in your house. Imagine walking into an aromatic atmosphere right after a long day. Not only is it relaxing but it also invigorates your mood and leaves you energized for you to interact with your family and kids. To reap benefits of the cedarwood oil while you are sleeping, diffuse the oil in your bedroom using an aroma diffuser. Inhale the fumes for an hour or so and put it off before your sleep. The oil will relax you and help release sleep inducing hormones.
Note: Make sure you turn off the diffuser at night because inhaling too much of anything can be harmful. Or if you forget to do so, then place your diffuser a little away from the room and let the fumes spread across the area.
3. Aromatherapy: An interesting way to relieve yourself of the day long stress is aromatherapy using cedarwood oil to induce better sleep and improve sleep quality. You could opt for a partial massage on your scalp and your forehead, on your back, on your feet, or go for a full body massage.
Just blend your cedarwood oil in a carrier oil of your choice like coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil or grapeseed oil and let your masseuse pamper you. You could also mix the oil of cedarwood with lavender oil.
4. Inhale the fumes directly: This technique is a quick way to control restlessness and involuntary movements during sleep at night. Open the bottle and inhale the fumes for about 30 seconds to a minute. You will feel eased out and relaxed automatically.
5. Soak up in the oil: We totally understand it could be difficult to go for an aromatherapy at night and requesting your partner to do that for you every now and then could be both difficult and annoying. Just add a few drops of cedarwood oil to your bath and throw in some bath salt. Relax for about 20 minutes and you will have a magical sleep at night.
Alternatively, you can dip your feet in the water and add about 4 to 7 drops of the essential oil to it for the right bit of relaxation.
Read More: How to Use Lavender Oil For Sleep?
Precautions you must take while using cedarwood oil for sleep
- Never use cedarwood oil on children below the age of 6 years.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers are advised to not use essential oil. They are potent enough to cause deformities in the children.
- Do not, under any circumstances consume the essential oils. They can be ingested only when there instruction manual that accompanies them states so.
- Always read the instruction manual carefully before proceeding with using essential oils.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight or UV rays exposure of any kind for at least 12 hours after applying the cedarwood oil.
- Always store the oil in a dark, glass bottle away from direct sunlight in a cool place.
An interesting fact: Cedarwood oil is way cheaper when compared to other essential oils of its likes. And as mentioned above it has tons of benefits to offer. A 15 ml bottle of cedarwood oil contains about 250 drops of the oil. You could purchase a small bottle of 15 ml cedarwood oil from amazon.com or walmart.com and see for yourself the wondrous benefits it will offer.
Happy to learn about a solution that seems to actually work and has literally no harm on the body? Then share it with the world and all your near and dear ones ‘cause you never know who might need help.
Do share with us in the comments section below your thoughts and views on the usage of essential oils. You can also drop in your queries and we will try our best to address them.